We are a growing marketing agency looking for a brand strategist to take a major part in our individual clients’ overall messaging and ensure consistency and quality across all marketing delivery.
Strong ability in copywriting is essential for this role. The candidate is required to possess the marketing intellect and career experience to follow established brand strategies and further translate complex business value propositions into clear and concise copy across all marketing delivery. These include websites, digital ads, sales funnel, email marketing and other collateral. Your words will inform and engage target audiences and be measured against tangible marketing metrics such as conversion rate, click-through rate, customer acquisition cost and more.
Clear internal communications is also extremely important for this role. As Brand Strategist you will ensure the execution team understands the overall brand messaging and marketing strategy of the client and carry that into visual designs, web development and sales funnel execution.
Our ideal candidate is a self-motivated, skilled and battle-tested marketing professional with an eye for detail. If you can grasp project requirements quickly and offer valuable insight, we’d love to have you in our team!
Responsibilities and Duties
- Write clear, attractive copy with a distinct voice
- Create copywriting briefs and website wireframes to communicate project requirements in line with the StoryBrand methodology
- Collaborate with designers, web developers, and other marketing professionals on large- and small-scale marketing projects (e.g. email campaigns and landing pages)
- Conduct high-quality research and interviews
- Edit and proofread copy as needed
- Source images and other content
- Convert Client Leads
- Manage Client Expectations
- Use SEO principles to maximise reach
Preferred Requirements, Qualifications & Skills
- StoryBrand Certification highly desirable
- Proven experience as a copywriter or related role
- Knowledge of online content strategy and creation
- Excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills
- Experience with SEO
- Strong research skills
- Collaborative spirit
- Excellent time-management, personal development and organisational skills
- Familiarity with financial sector specific marketing
- BSc/BA in marketing, English, journalism or related field
Key Performance Indicators
- Completion of Client Brand Strategy Pack
- Completion of entire website wireframe and copywriting according to messaging strategy and home page copy provided as a result of client consulting
- Copywriting of landing pages and lead magnet as needed
- Outline of email marketing and lead magnet content ready for further sales funnel development
- Review client feedback and make appropriate changes
- Client Handover to Implementation Teams
- Communicate and translate client messaging to operations manager and relevant team leaders to establish deliverables
- Clarify client expectations and desired results
- Answer questions from implementation teams
- Content Creation
- Blog writing for use in content marketing strategies
- Assistance in creating video scripts, keynote presentations and other collaterals as needed to aid any marketing outcome.
- Preferably all of the above need to take SEO into consideration though prioritising effective communication
- Client Retention
- Occasional coaching/consulting as part of value-adding or up-selling clients and prospects
- Respond to inbound leads or opportunities generated by targeted campaigns and funnel to the relevant sales activities
$80,000 salary package including super. Pro rata 3 days a week.